Well, February didn’t get any better. By the 14th things had gotten to the point where I cried every time I got home and found myself playing the Xbox more to passive-aggressively kill monsters to make me feel better. In fact, the only thing that didn’t make me want to cry was sitting at my computer and writing, even though I was going at a snail's pace and barely making my 500 word a day goal.
Thankfully I have my mastermind girls to rant at (seriously thanks, guys), my boyfriend who understands me more than I ever thought anyone else could, and cats who love me when I need it. Cat cuddles save my mental breakdowns.
I did, however, find two Xbox games to keep my sanity. Elex and Witcher 3.
What Did I Accomplish?
- I reached 36,000 words in both Victorian Myth & Return of The Dragons.
- Got to see the first looks at the maps that are being created for Missing Prince
- I managed to realise that I needed a break and took a weekend off to play the Xbox
- Edits are well underway for Egyptian Curse and I should have it ready for round two soon!
- I realised that little by little is better than none at all and decided to stop trying to do EVERYTHING at once, therefore edits hand halted on Missing Prince and I am focusing solely on Egyptian Curse.
Progress I am celebrating (even if it was small!):
- Getting more content ready for my course
- Finding not one but two new games on the Xbox which I have been thoroughly enjoying
- Concentrated on Progress Not Perfection
- Having a fellow blogger want to buy my book for a giveaway and rejected my offer of free copies. THIS MEANT SO MUCH.
My hometown hosted its first literary festival and while I wasn’t able to participate this time around, I got to see some pretty amazing authors, listen to some fabulous talks and support my new romance writer friends Teresa and Faye. You girls rocked your panel! Hopefully, next year with more books out I will be able to be part of the panels.
Goals That Are Growing Well
Reading: This month I managed to read Shadow Crown and most of The Belles! Which is a win in my book.
Writing: So, because of all the daily stresses I have I am keeping writing to 500 words a day Monday to Friday and editing Saturday and Sunday, which seems to be working so far. I have tried to slip in some extra edits in during the evenings but sometimes that's not so easy.
Blog: Schedule Schedule Schedule. I am so happy I did this because there have been about three weeks where I have wanted to do ZERO blog work but my little machine has kept running for me and I am scheduled up until the end of June and a few posts in July.
Miscellaneous: I've been beta/critiquing my friend's second book Clara and Ezra, which let's be honest is fantastic even if it was a little hard to get the American - English spellings haha. This sadly took me two months to do because of all the stuff I have going on in my personal life.
Favourite Memory from the Month:
A fellow blogger lovingly asked to do a giveaway of my book, and I was so blown away by that! They even bought a paperback! So, as thanks, I've added a few little extras in there! Hopefully, I'll have book two out by my trip to Australia at the end of August - well that's my aim!
And maybe even new chapters for Noelle's story which I am getting into a little again.