Today I have another Interview with an author. I found it very exciting getting to know her, just as you guys will with the answers.
Hi Sara, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
As a day job I am working as a hotel receptionist in Brussels. Next to my full time job I love towrite. I published my first book 'Vlinder uit cocon' with Boekscout.nl and I am currently writing a second book. I also have a blog about my writing on saraschrijftblog.wordpress.com and I regularly write guest posts on other websites. Oh and maybe a small thing: I have German roots. Mymother is German and I am born in Germany.
1. What are your ambitions for your writing career?
I have a lot of ambitions for my writing career. I write on my second book and every week I write a blogpost for my website. I also write blog posts for a few other websites to widen my experience in writing. I am also thinking about editing other people's books. I am very busy as you can read. I can't imagine a day without writing.
2. Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
The main character in my book 'Vlinder uit cocon' is named Isabelle. In my book she is a very special person. First of all because she has a way to deal with the problems in her relationship. She also finds out a drama of incest in the history of her family with which she has to deal. furthermore Isabelle has chronic pain which puts strain on her day to day Life and her relationship. Throughout the book Isabelle gets her first intimate relationship.
3. Would you mind sharing a favourite quote from your book?
On the one side I am happy that he is dead, because he will NOT Be able to hurt other girls. On the other side I am angry because he was never punished for what he did to us.
4. Do you have a trailer or do you intend to create one for your own book/s? (* please provide a link to trailer if you have one)
I do NOT have a trailer for My book.
5. Where do your ideas come from?
My ideas come from everywhere: Daily Life, ideas swirling around in My head, something I see on tv or pictures I see in magazines or internet. I also observe a lot in day to day life. And the world around you is a huge source of inspiration. Sometimes I even get to many ideas from day to day life. Everything can be a source of inspiration.
6. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
I am a plotter. I first write all my ideas. Then I put them in the order I want to put them in the story.
7. Do you write every day, 5 days a week or as and when?
Not Always. It depends of how busy I am at my day job. I write in the morning before going to work. At work I write when it is quiet and I write on my days off.
8. Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
No. I write as long as I have inspiration. Sometimes I write half an hour. On other days I can write a whole afternoon or evening.
9. How much research do you do?
I did not do research for my first book. For the book I am writing now I do a lot of research. I did research for the illness my main character has. I am also looking for patients with Multiple Sclerosis to tell me more about their life with the illness
10. Do you ever get writer’s Block?
Yes I do. On some days my fingers itch to write, but I can not get the words out. Or I have so many other things in my head, that I can not write
11. What book/s are you reading at present?
I like to read (family) dramas with romance. At the moment I am reading a book in German with the title " Could it be magic " from Melanie Rose
12. Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
No I do not think so. Giving free ebooks for reviews is ok. But giving paperbacks? No. I have to pay for every book I give away, NOT being sure that It Will Lead to sales
13. Did you format your own book?
No, My Publisher boekscout.nl die
14. If you couldn’t be an author, what would your ideal career be?
As I have a day job as receptionist, that was My dream . Writing began as a hobby and now I can NOT live without It
15. Are there any more ideas for future books on the cards?
Yes, there are a few ideas I want to Write about
16. Advice to aspiring writers?
Write as much as you can and do NOT give up
Thanks so much to Sara for being on the blog. Find her here; saraschrijftblog.wordpress.com
Fancy being a part of the series? Get in touch!