Do you have an idea for a story you are sure the world is going to love, just as soon as you figure out how exactly point A leads to point C?
If this sounds like you then, Plotting for Beginners: A Step by Step Guide to Outlining Your Story will provide you with everything you need to know to find a way to get from exposition to denouement in no-time flat.
Pick a story, any story and there is a good chance it can be broken down into a time-honoured formula: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, denouement and inside you will find a variety of tips and tricks to ensure you create the most compelling prose imaginable. Every great story from War and Peace to Star Wars follows this structure, and with good reason, when followed properly it just plain works. Give your million-dollar book idea the chance it deserves and turn it into more than just an idea with this easy five-part system
Inside you will find
- The best way to explain character backstories without worrying about massive information dumps.
- When to use a flashback sequence and why to do so sparingly
- The best way to narrow down an inciting incident without one presenting itself
- A step-by-step guide to ensuring your tension levels will stay on the rise throughout your rising action
- Tips to ensure your climaxes are always as powerful and effective as possible
- Half-a-dozen questions to ask yourself to ensure your falling action starts off relevant and stays that way
- And more…