When writers block hits I like to turn to micro-fiction, but I wouldn't be able to do that without prompts. I love prompts that inspire and make you think about how to change things from the norm.
Sometimes coming up with ideas or keeping yourself going with creativity can be hard. Keeping motivation isn't the easiest thing so having a prompt on hand to give you a little push can be just what you need! You can even use them as a form of plot twist or for furthering your story.
Try the prompts below or grab a few from the resources!
1. "I can't believe I trusted you!" she screamed at me.
2. As he looked to the sky he wasn't sure what to think, but the same thing kept crossing his mind.
3. I ducked below the fallen ceiling beam and moved deeper into the abandoned house. I was never going to find what I needed.
4. He stood in front of her offering all he could.
5. "Stop!" she shouted as I reached the edge, "you don't have to do this!"
6. The ship was losing control. We were going down.
7. "You can't do that." Her voice was flat. "I will do whatever I want, besides, who's going to stop me?" they countered. Taking a deep breath she replied, "I will."
8. Rain poured down heavily as he walked through the town. It was almost deserted.
9. Breaking in wasn't the hard part, seeing all the history locked away was.
10. She couldn't remember the last time she had chocolates, especially ones that weren't hers.
Places to find Prompts:
1. Blots and Plots Starter Kit - sign up here to receive the starter kit from Jenny Bravo. This has everything you could need to start being a writer as well as providing some prompts for you.
2. This post from Jenny Bravo - over 100 prompts to get you started and get your creativity started!
3. Reddit Writing Prompts - so these prompts are weird sometimes but honestly there are some amazing ones in there too!
4. 365 writing prompts from Think Kitten - These are perfect for the writer that wants to stay creative everyday and cultivate their art. As they say - practice makes perfect.
5. Pinterest - This is probably my favourite place to get writing prompts and this board is one of them. With so many contributors there's always something to spark your mind into action.
6. Weekly Writing Prompts - Tomi has done a series of writing prompts which can inspire any mind!
Hope you find some way to be creative. Do you have more places for prompts, or an idea you can't give legs to? Comment below!