So, January has probably been the WORST start to any year ever. But thankfully it got progressively better. Since I am using the Cultivate What Matters Power Sheets, I will also be including some changes to my reflections to add some stuff from there.
What Did I Accomplish?
- I reached 30,000 words in both Victorian Myth & Return of The Dragons.
- Ordered the Maps for Missing Prince
- Talked about getting the cover designed for Missing Prince
- Beta read through of Egyptian Curse got finished and edits started
- Edited 6 chapters and wrote two more for Missing Prince
Progress I am celebrating (even if it was small!):
- Got Long-listed for the UKYA Blog Awards for Marvellous Blogger
- Received a promotion at work which resulted in me no longer working Saturdays and gave me my writing time back.
- Concentrated on Progress Not Perfection
I turned 25, (happy birthday to me)
Goals That Are Growing Well
Reading: I gave myself a challenge of 12 books to read this year, and I have got off to a cracking start. I've read two so far and well on my way to finishing Everless! Then I'll be starting on Shadow Crown by Kristen Martin and I have already read the first page. My boyfriend had to take my kindle from me!
Writing: Now that I have my Saturdays back, I am writing 6 days a week with a goal of 500 words minimum. Some days I smash it and get to 800, some days I barely make 400 but at least I am writing, right?
Blog: I've been re-organising and since I revamped the blog I am a lot happier with the layout. I didn't want to break apart my books and my blog, so I created sections for each instead. What are your thoughts on the new layout?
Miscellaneous: I've been keeping in contact with my friends and family a lot more which is nice. Sorting food and planning meals so we don't overspend and buy EVERYTHING when we are hungry and shopping.
Favourite Memory from the Month:
Has to be Theo, my cat, sitting and watching Baywatch with us. He didn't sleep, he sat on the poof and watched the entire movie with us, so cute!